Do you want fuller and plumper lips? Do you want to get rid of deep lines on your lips, or fine lines from around your mouth? In Gainesville, plastic surgery from Nesmith Plastic Surgery Center can help you achieve the look that you want.
Lip Augmentation in Gainesville
This simple cosmetic procedure can be accomplished in several ways — through injections, implants, and surgery.
Lip Enhancement Injections
Injectable Dermal Filler is currently the most common lip filler method used. Many dermal types of lip fillers can be injected into the lips and around the mouth.
- Juvéderm results last from 8 to 12 months. Radiance results last from three to five years. Restylane is a transparent gel made from hyaluronic acid. Because it is biodegradable, your body will absorb it in about six months.
- Autologen is an injection of collagen from your body.
- Fat injections into your lips, with fat taken from your body, is another way to achieve plump lips and to build up shallow lip contours. Fat is usually taken from the abdomen, thighs, or hips using a needle or a specialized suction cannula. After removing the fat, the fat is injected into the particular area(s) by a needle. There’s no risk of an allergic reaction, and the results may be permanent.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most often-used lip fillers. They contain hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance found in the body. They help to add volume, shape, and structure to your lips. There are several of these formulas available including Juvéderm Ultra, Radiance, and Restylane.
- Collagen is not used as much anymore because the newer fillers last longer and are safer. Collagen injections, prepared from cow skin, last from one to three months.
- Fascia injections or implants use connective tissue from your body or a human donor (cadaver). Within about a year, your body will reabsorb the fascia.
Recovery time for injection procedures is about one to two days. Bruising may last up to a week.
Lip implants are inserted through tiny incisions made in the corners of the mouth, or through a small incision inside of the lip. The materials for these implants are soft, solid silicone (Perma Facial Implants).
“Local flap grafts” are material from the inside of the mouth, brought to the outside. An incision may be made on the upper lip line to push tissue inside the mouth up, out, and into the lip. With grafts and flaps, the expected recovery period is one to two weeks.
Lip Lift Surgery
A lip lift can provide subtle lip enhancement by giving you a better smile. During this procedure, an incision is made directly below, and the width of the nose and a thin strip of tissue and skin are removed. When the incision is closed, it pulls the lip up and rotates it slightly. Suture removal happens in roughly seven days. Once healed, the scar is unnoticeable.
A lip lift is considered permanent lip augmentation by some because skin and tissue were removed and repositioned. As you continue to age, the upper lip appearance will change, but it will always be different than it would have been without the surgery.
If you are considering lip enhancement, Dr. Nesmith has 25 years of experience as a plastic and cosmetic surgeon.Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, our doctor can help you achieve the full lips you’ve always wanted.