Do you desire fuller, plumper lips? Are wrinkles and fine lines giving you reason to frown? In our state-of-the-art plastic surgery center in Gainesville, we provide lip injections, lip implants and surgical lip lift procedures that allow you to achieve your desired pout. Our team at Nesmith Plastic Surgery Center is dedicated to creating a treatment plan unique to your needs. Patients achieve not only their desired look at our surgery center, but also ultimate satisfaction and renewed confidence.
Lip Enhancement Injections
Injectabledermal fillers are currently the most common lip filler method used. FDA-approved and effective, the following types of lip fillers are injected into the mouth or surrounding areas to smooth lines and restore volume to your lips.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers are designed to hydrate, replenish and restore the lips. They contain hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance found in the body. The levels of hyaluronic acid in your body decreases due to aging and sun exposure. This moisture-binding acid adds volume, shape, and structure to your lips. Our hyaluronic acid based fillers available are Juvéderm Volbella XC and Restylane.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC enhance lip volume and fills lip lines lips. Patients experience full, smooth lips for 6 months or longer.
- Restylane injections are a safe and effective way to add subtle definition and fullness to the lips for up to 9 months.
- Collagen injections are a safe, effective treatment that can either be permanent or absorbed by the body.
- Fat injections can be administered to your lips for semi-permanently plump lips and fill shallow contours. Fat is taken from the abdomen, thighs, or hips using a needle or a specialized suction cannula. After removing the fat, the fat is injected into the treatment area. Some fat will be reabsorbed into the body, but the majority of patients have permanent results.
Recovery time for injection procedures varies from patient to patient, but you can expect little downtime and possible bruising persisting up to a week.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Lip Augmentation?
A consultation with Dr. Nesmith will determine which type of lip augmentation procedure is best for you. Dr. Nesmith will review your medical history and aesthetic goals. Patients taking blood thinners or with known allergic reactions to certain substances may not be eligible for certain treatments. Overall, patients in good health, experiencing no active infections and having a desire to enhance their lips are ideal candidates!
During alip implantsurgery, soft and pliable silicone (Perma Facial Implants) is inserted through tiny incisions made in the corners of the mouth, or through a small incision inside of the lip.
A local flap or graft is created, drawing tissue from the inside of the mouth to the outside of the mouth. An incision may be made on the upper lip line to push tissue inside the mouth up, out, and into the lip. With grafts and flaps, the expected recovery period is one to two weeks.
Lip Lift Surgery
A lip lift provided patients with a subtle lip enhancement. During this procedure, an incision is made directly below the width of the nose so a thin strip of tissue and skin can be removed. When the incision is closed, this lip is pulled up and slightly rotated. Suture removal happens in roughly seven days. Once healed, the surgery scar is unnoticeable.
A lip lift is considered permanent lip augmentation because skin and tissue were removed and repositioned to fill the lips. Note that slight changes due to aging is inevitable.
Results & Recovery
Depending on each patient and their exact procedure, your results and recovery will vary. For patients choosing an injectable treatment, there is no downtime, little to no discomfort and immediate results! Patients choosing lip implants and lip lift surgery will possibly experience redness, swelling, bruising and discomfort for up to two weeks.
We are dedicated to creating a treatment plan capable of providing you with renewed confidence, your ideal appearance and ultimate satisfaction. For patients considering lip enhancement procedures, Dr. Nesmith has 25 years of experience as a plastic and cosmetic surgeon.Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Nesmith will create a unique, specialized treatment plan to give you the lips and look you desire.